After the introduction of aerial yoga at the beginning of the 21st century by Christopher Harrison, it has now become a popular term in the yoga community. Modern research also shows that it has a significant impact on our bodies and mind as well. Though many aerial yoga poses manual PDFs is available online, aerial yoga for beginners is encouraged to join aerial yoga class around your location. Let’s explore all about aerial yoga class!
The yoga landscape is continually evolving, and one of the most innovative variations to take center stage in recent years is aerial yoga. It fuses traditional yoga principles with elements from aerial arts, dance, and Pilates, allowing practitioners to go beyond the mat and explore mid-air postures. Whether you’re a seasoned yogi or someone who’s never set foot in a yoga studio, aerial yoga offers a fresh perspective on physical wellness, flexibility, and mental clarity.
What is Aerial Yoga?
Aerial yoga is a practice that involves performing yoga poses and sequences while supported by a hammock or aerial silks suspended from the ceiling. This allows for a wider range of motion and helps to deepen stretches while encouraging proper alignment. The hammock can support up to 600 pounds, offering practitioners a secure tool to explore inversions, balance postures, and new avenues of flexibility without straining their joints or spine.
Benefits of Aerial Yoga
- Strengthens Core Muscles: Aerial yoga requires the engagement of core muscles for stability, enhancing abdominal strength.
- Improves Flexibility: The aerial hammock allows for a greater range of motion, aiding in improved flexibility.
- Promotes Spinal Health: The ability to hang freely allows for decompression of the spine.
- Enhances Blood Circulation: Inversions and improved alignment promote better blood flow.
- Improves Balance and Coordination: Practicing poses mid-air enhances your sense of balance and mind-body coordination.
- Increases Mindfulness: The focus required in aerial yoga encourages mindfulness and present-moment awareness.
- Stress Reduction: Physical activity and inversions in aerial yoga can lead to endorphin release, reducing stress.
- Boosts Confidence: Conquering challenging poses can be a great confidence builder.
Who Can Participate?
Most aerial yoga classes cater to all levels of fitness. However, it’s advisable to consult with your healthcare provider if you have spinal injuries, cardiovascular issues, or other medical conditions that might be affected by this form of exercise.
What to Expect in an Aerial Yoga Class?
Before the Class
- Attire: Wear form-fitting clothing made of breathable material.
- Hydration: Drink water before class but avoid heavy meals.
- Equipment: Most studios provide the necessary aerial hammocks and yoga mats, but it’s best to check beforehand.
During the Class
- Warm-up: Classes usually start with a mat-based warm-up to prepare the body.
- Transition to Hammock: After the warm-up, you’ll transition to using the aerial hammock.
- Sequences: Expect a variety of poses, including balances, inversions, and stretches.
- Cool-down: Classes end with relaxation poses, often inside the hammock.
After the Class
- Hydrate: Drink water to rehydrate.
- Reflection: Take some time to absorb the benefits and reflect on your experience.
Tips for Beginners
- Start Slow: Begin with basic poses before advancing to complex sequences.
- Listen to Your Body: Don’t push through pain; aerial yoga should be challenging but not painful.
- Use the Hammock Wisely: Rely on the hammock for support but also engage your muscles for balance.
Finding a Class
Many yoga studios and fitness centers offer aerial yoga classes. When choosing a class, consider the instructor’s credentials, class size, and the cleanliness and safety protocols of the facility.
Aerial yoga classes
Indeed, there are many aerial yoga tutorials you’ll find on the internet about aerial yoga tips. Almost all yoga trapeze manufacturers now provide aerial yoga sequences in the manual either electronic or hard copy. But initially joining an aerial yoga class may help you to overcome nervousness and your yoga journey very well.
Aerial yoga classes near me
Aerial yoga is now becoming popular day by day globally. So, you can now easily enroll them by searching aerial yoga near me. Many studios now offer aerial yoga classes. Just type the city name where you live and write aerial yoga class. You’ll find it easily.
Aerial yoga Brooklyn
Aerial yoga NYC
Aerial yoga NJ
Aerial yoga class video
As we found earlier aerial yoga body transformation is the ultimate step by which we gain through aerial hammock yoga.
There are tons of free aerial yoga classes on YouTube. These aerial yoga classes online are extremely helpful for beginners to advanced practitioners.
We quoted here such kinds of hammock yoga tutorials for you.
Mind here that, while performing aerial yoga at home, you need to hire a handyman to install other yoga hanging sources like a ceiling, yoga trapeze doorway, etc. in case you don’t use a free-standing hammock stand.
Aerial silks classes
Both silk yoga and aerial yoga sound the same. Still, there are differences according to format. Aerial silk yoga or flying yoga requires more training than aerial hammock poses. Yoga aerial silks have two ends on the ground in opposite aerial hammocks or trapezes. We quote here some aerial silks video tutorials here.
Doing yoga in both formats yoga with hammocks or yoga with silks requires minimal training. Though manufacturers now provide illustrated manuals about it, you should consult with an instructor for further safety.
In the gravity position, our body achieves much awareness, and inversion exercise is now a recommended exercise worldwide. By joining an aerial fitness studio or gym, you are going to step ahead for your ultimate healthy life.
Aerial yoga weight loss is also now a buzzing term by which we can easily reduce our weight through many calories burned within a few minutes it!